Neal Jillings and Ed Heynes jointly run Jillings Heynes Planning Ltd after a number of years successfully practicing as Jillings Hutton Planning and Heynes Planning respectively. Neal has been working in the planning profession since 1994 and has previously spent time working for North Somerset Council, the Planning Inspectorate and Savills. Ed brings over 25 years experience as a planner in the public and private sector. He worked at a senior level for local authorities in Warwickshire and then later as a Director for Hepher Dixon heading its office in Milton Keynes and then as a Director at Savills in Exeter.
The priority for the consultancy is to make sure that, on every project, there is Director input at every level. This ensures that the very best advice is given. We always look to create a tailor-made strategy for a particular project which clients are happy with before we proceed. In providing our advice we ensure that we have knowledge of up to date planning policy and guidance at a national and local level.
Our key business objectives are:
- to fully understand the objectives of the client before commencing on a project;
- to ensure that the strategy for delivering the project is tailored to meet the agreed objectives; and
- to provide clients with the very best cost effective planning consultancy advice.
We can offer the following services:
- Planning applications
- Applications for listed building consent, certificates of lawfulness, and other specialist applications
- Planning appeals, including expert witness
- Strategic site promotion
- Planning appraisals
- Planning enforcement
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Project co-ordination
- Neighbourhood plans
- Community consultation and liaison
- General planning advice
We work alongside a wide range of other specialist consultants in the planning, development and construction industry. We can therefore draw upon the skills of others, for example an architect, highway consultant or ecologist to help deliver projects.